Maura Hall and Lowe Hall were evacuated this morning due to a power outage with an unknown cause. A generator in the basement underneath the dining hall turned on consequently. The fumes set off the smoke alarm downstairs with the generator.
“We didn’t know that’s where it was at, at first, so we had to clear everyone out of there,” said James Simpson, a campus police officer.
The power is out across parts of campus, including Lynch, Boyle, Maura, the Field House, dorms and parts of the library. Some areas are also experiencing issues connecting to the campus Wi-Fi. Maintenance is working to get the power back up and running. Some morning classes have been cancelled.
Published By: Paige Parise