- Brown Sugar
- Cut the apples into slim and small slices
- Put the slices into a pot and heat on low with some water
- Once the apples start to boil, add in 1 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Let the apples soak up the brown sugar and cinnamon
- After they are cooked, remove from stove and serve!
This recipe is one of my favorites! My mom and I usually make it around the beginning of fall. It’s a perfect side dish to transition from summer into fall. It’s also healthy (besides the brown sugar). If you’re interested in a healthier option, you could use Truvia instead of brown sugar; the sweetness will be a bit off, but it’s still delicious!
Published By: Paige Parise